A permanent resident visa for Canada is offered to migrants who want to live in Canada and work there indefinitely. It is a great opportunity for Indians who want to move to Canada to enhance their quality of life, the standard of living, acquire more attractive career opportunities, and enjoy stability. India is one of the major suppliers of skilled migrants in various industries for a lot of other countries, including Canada. Moving to Canada and obtaining your permanent residency visa is an excellent opportunity that can offer you a lot of lucrative opportunities. In this article, we will explore how to apply for Canada pr from India
A permanent resident visa or PR visa in Canada is offered to migrants from other countries who want to settle in Canada. To apply for a Canadian permanent resident visa, an applicant needs to apply to the IRCC or the Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada.
Here are some reasons to apply for a Canada PR from India:
- Canada is one of the most popular countries for Indians to immigrate to due to its high quality of living. More and more Indians choose to obtain a Canada PR and settle down in the country to enjoy similar benefits as Canadian citizens. Not only do these benefits bring the overall costs of living down, but they also enhance the general standard of life.
- Obtaining a Canadian PR from India helps you in moving to the country seamlessly. A Canadian PR can be used to take advantage of social security, access subsidized education systems, obtain healthcare, study, work, and live anywhere in the country.
- The Canadian government has been consistently pro-migration since immigration helps the country in fulfilling its demand for skilled workers in various industries. The nation is also focused on using immigration to help its economy recover from the COVID-19 pandemic. The government has announced immigration plans every year, where they plan to welcome a high number of international workers into the country. The government has also relaxed visa requirements for Indians to promote immigration.
Every immigration program available in Canada offers a unique pathway to help Indians in obtaining their permanent resident visa. These immigration programs also have various application processes and requirements. It is best to check their specific details and criteria on the official website and select the one that suits your needs best.
Here are the major immigration programs available for Canada PR visa:
- Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs)
- Express Entry program
- Family Class immigration
- Business Immigration program
- Quebec Immigration
How to Apply for Canada PR from India via the Express Entry Program?
The express entry program offers Indians a quick and seamless immigration path to acquire their PR visa. The overall processing time for the application can be anywhere around 6 to 8 months. The express entry program is essentially an application management system that manages and regulates the profiles of applicants who want to obtain a PR visa. There are sub-programs under which one can apply via the Express Entry Program
The FSWP, or the Federal Skilled Worker Program, is the main program for skilled migrants. You need to obtain a score of a minimum of 67 points in the FSWP point assessment grid to become eligible for FSWP. The assessment grid calculates your score based on some factors.
Here are the main domains that are evaluated in the 67 points calculator for FSWP:
- Work Experience
- Language Skills
- Arranged Employment
Once you have completed the FSWP assessment, all profiles of candidates who have applied for a Canada PR visa are ranked using the CRS or the Comprehensive Rankings System. After the ranks have been determined, the candidates who rank higher are issued an ITA or Invitation to Apply. This ITA encourages candidates to submit their Canada PR visa application to the IRCC. You need to submit your visa application within 60 days of obtaining your ITA. Keep in mind that proper documents need to be submitted along with your application.
Here are the main documents that you need to submit in general for your Canada PR visa application:
- IELTS test scores
- Proof of funds
- Educational credentials and their details, such as certificate with ECA, diploma, or degree
- Travel documents
- Proof of your work experience
- Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)
- Medical certificate
After you submit your application and it has been evaluated, IRCC will provide you with a CoPR or Confirmation of Permanent Residence via email. Once you receive your CoPR, you can obtain your PR visa card when you enter Canada.
Applying for a Canada PR visa involves fees of generally two kinds, variable and fixed fees. The fixed fee includes IELTS examination fees, RPRF, or the right of permanent residence fees and processing fees, etc. While the variable fees are for obtaining a police clearance certificate, medical examination, etc.
Here is the complete breakdown of the costs involved when an Indian candidate applies through the express entry pathway:
- Application processing fees: 825 CAD
- For each dependent child: 230 CAD
- Educational Credential Assessment or ECA: 227 CAD to 322 CAD
- Biometric fees (for each person): 85 CAD
- Right of permanent residence fees: 515 CAD
- IELTS examination fees: 14,700 INR for a computer-delivered or a paper-based test
Other than the above costs, applicants who have applied to obtain a Canada PR visa without an active job offer in hand are required to provide proof of funds. This document is needed to showcase that the candidate is capable of supporting themselves or is moving to Canada with some family members. Settlement funds or the proof of funds is based on the family members who are accompanying the move.
Here are the amounts of funds that need to be provided in the document based on the number of family members moving to Canada:
- For one member (the applicant): 12,960 CAD
- For a family of two members: 16,135 CAD
- For a family of three members: 19,836 CAD
- For a family of four members: 24,083 CAD
- For a family of five members: 27,315 CAD
- For a family of six members: 30,806 CAD
- For a family of seven members: 34,299 CAD
- After seven family members, each family member results in an additional requirement of 3,492 CAD
Applicants need to offer proof of funds such as credit card statements, bank statements, and certified documents to illustrate that they hold the required amounts based on the size of their family moving to Canada. You need to ensure that these details get printed on the letterhead of the financial institution issuing the proof and are signed by the appropriate authorities.
Obtaining a Canada PR visa from India can be an excellent opportunity that opens a lot of doors for you. Obtaining permanent residency status in Canada is quite similar to acquiring citizenship and offers a lot of different advantages. The country has also made it easy for Indians to apply for Canada PR with its various immigration pathways and opportunities. Contact only the best Canada visa consultant to know more about how to apply for Canada PR from India.