An MBA in finance is one of the most lucrative courses to study in Canada. This program can reward international students with tremendous career opportunities. Generally, an MBA in finance in Canada is a one to two-year-long program. It also allows international students the chance to obtain a specialization in areas such as business taxation, financial analysis, and corporate finance.
International students looking to pursue an MBA in finance can study in Canada to acquire some of the most in-demand skill sets in the global market. The education system in Canada emphasizes imparting both hands-on as well as theoretical knowledge to ensure that you are ready to take on any career path you choose.
Generally, international students who complete an MBA in finance in Canada can earn anywhere from 80,000 CAD to around 180,000 CAD annually. Let us take a look at everything you need to know about an MBA in finance in Canada.
There are a lot of lucrative advantages to studying for an MBA in finance in Canada. Here are some of them:
- The average salary offered to graduates of an MBA in finance is relatively high in Canada. For skilled graduates, Canada offers extremely rewarding opportunities that can help international students meet all of their short and long-term goals.
- The demand for professional MBA graduates in Canada is continuously increasing. Due to this high demand, international students can enjoy ample benefits as well as a lot of different career options.
- As compared to other developed countries such as the UK and the USA, the costs of pursuing an MBA in finance in Canada are exceptionally low. International students need to pay a tuition fee of around 20,000 to 40,000 CAD. These costs are easily recoverable by the high salary packages offered to MBA graduates in Canada.
- With lower costs of living, such as housing, accommodation, transportation, healthcare, and social security, as compared to other developed countries, Canada is one of the best educational destinations for international students.
- Canada contains some of the most globally renowned and recognized educational organizations. These academic institutes offer excellent infrastructure as well as degrees that are recognized throughout the world.
- The degrees international students earn in Canada are valid globally. This means that international students who earn their degrees in Canada can work anywhere they want worldwide. This offers a unique opportunity for international students to pursue their dream jobs without being limited to particular countries.
- The scope of jobs and industries that require MBA in finance graduates in Canada is expansive. There are multiple roles available for professionals that provide internships, real-world projects, mentoring, industry interfaces, networking opportunities, and career opportunities to MBA in finance graduates.
What are the best universities in Canada for MBA in finance courses?
MBA in finance is a specialized program that is essentially an MBA course with a specialization in finance. Here are some of the best universities in Canada for an MBA in finance course:
- The University of Toronto is a public university based out of Toronto. It offers an MBA in financial engineering, risk management, investment banking, fund management, financial analysis as well as reporting. Generally, MBA programs in this academic institute are for a duration of two years.
- Queen’s University is a public university based out of Kingston. It offers an MBA in pricing analytics, financing of new ventures, and finance strategy. Generally, MBA courses in this educational institute are two years long.
- Université Laval is a public university based in Quebec. It offers an MBA in finance. Generally, MBA programs here take two years to complete.
To pursue an MBA program in Canada, there are no restrictions on the subjects in which you need to hold a bachelor’s degree. International students who have completed their bachelor’s in commerce can apply for MBA courses in Canada. MBA courses in Canada offer admission to international students based on previously defined eligibility criteria.
Generally, this criteria includes a valid bachelor’s degree from a recognized college, TOEFL or IELTS scores to showcase English language proficiency, relevant work, or industry experience, among others. As long as you meet this minimum requirement, you can study an MBA course in Canada, no matter which subject you have a bachelor’s in.
International students with their bachelor’s degrees in science, arts, and commerce regularly gain admission to MBA programs in Canada.
Here are the minimum criteria that international students must meet to secure admission to MBA in finance courses in Canada:
- An updated resume
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognized university
- Letters of recommendation
- Statements of purpose
- Academic transcripts for all educational levels
- Standardized English language test scores such as PTE, IELTS, or TOEFL
- Scores for competitive exams such as GRE and GMAT
- Academic essays, if needed
- Work experience
Here are some of the best recruiters that generally hire MBA in finance graduates in Canada:
- Brookfield Asset Management
- Morgan Stanley
- BMO Financial Group
- National Bank of Canada
- Super Advisor
Here are some of the best jobs available for MBA in finance graduates in Canada:
- Cash manager
- Accounting manager
- Credit analyst
- Financial manager
- Senior business analyst
- Chief executive officer
- Finance director
- Chief financial officer
- Financial controller
- Senior financial analyst
- Project manager
Scholarships can help international students in increasing the affordability of the programs they wish to pursue. Here are some of the most prestigious scholarships available in Canada for international students who want to pursue an MBA course:
- The MBA Excellence Award is provided by the University of Toronto. It offers up to 26,000 CAD to eligible international students.
- The Women in Business Excellence Award is offered by the University of Toronto. It offers up to 13,000 CAD to eligible international students.
- The Success Scholarship is presented by Laval University. It offers up to 1,000 CAD to eligible international students.
- AIMCo Scholarship is provided by the University of Alberta. It offers up to 10,000 CAD to eligible international students.
- Entrance Awards are provided by the Queen’s University. It offers up to 15,000 CAD to eligible international students.
Read Related Blogs
- What are the Highest-paying jobs in Canada for Indians?
- Ultimate Guide to MBBS in Canada for Indian Students
- Canada vs Australia: Which Country is Better for Immigration in 2023?
- Diploma Courses in Canada: Unlocking Your Potential and Paving the Path to Success
Canada offers some of the best opportunities for international students who wish to pursue an MBA in finance. International students can learn from some of the best educational academics globally and obtain a plethora of career opportunities. With the growing demand in the country for MBA in finance graduates, Canada offers some of the highest salaries as well as the best benefits for MBA in finance graduates. Not to mention, the costs of living and studying in Canada are comparatively lower than in other developed countries and help international students live and study in Canada comfortably.